4.2 by user reviews
We've outlined the important things to pay attention to when buying the ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian Freestanding 3-Person Tent. This ALPS Mountaineering tent has aluminum poles, which can support large amounts of weight and are unlikely to break with applied pressure. It is built with water-resistant materials, protecting you from heavy downpours and stormy weather. With a freestanding design, it can be set up anywhere since you don't need to stake it into the ground but it uses the weight of the campers inside to keep it steady. Designed for use all throughout the year, it holds up against the weight of accumulating snow or ice. Featuring a poly taffeta floor, this ALPS Mountaineering tent is naturally UV-resistant and withstands sagging and stretching. This 43.5 sq. ft. tent fits three people, making it ideal for spacious solo camping or for going with a couple. It is designed with a gear loft and includes storage pockets, so you can keep all your extra items in an easily accessible and convenient space.
- Easy to assemble design can be pitched much quicker than a traditional tent, but does not lack any important features
- Designed with water-resistant materials, protecting you from heavy rains
- Fits a large group of people and all their equipment, making it great for spacious solo camping or for going with a few friends
- Polyester fly cover can sag in the rain and cause dripping on the inside
- 3-person tents are not spacious enough for accommodating large equipment, plus campers
- Freestanding design is the least lightweight option